LibraryThing has numerous features, and adds more on a regular basis. Among other things, it allows users to:
· catalog their home libraries
· find other people with similar reading interests
· receive suggestions on books that they may enjoy, based on their home library and those of other users with similar tastes
· talk about books on discussion forums
· tag books
· submit and read book reviews
· keep track of local bookstores, libraries, book festivals, and author visits
· optionally use inexpensive ClueCat scanners when entering books
For Thing 16, go to http://www.librarything.com and sign up for a free account. Add a few books from your home library, and tag them with appropriate keywords.
Read the sections on ThingLang, ISBN Check, and MARCThing to see how they intersect with the tools used by regular libraries.
Take a little time to browse through the website. You may want to look at some of the user postings, including ones from the groups Librarians who LibraryThing and I See Dead People’s Books. Take a look at the Thingology blog to get a better idea of upcoming features and new ideas.
Remember to post your thoughts and experiences to your blog!